This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service in response to all inquiries; conducting volunteer and child enrollment and matching; providing ongoing match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and adhering to Big Brother Big Sisters one- to-one standards. Position reports to the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in recruitment of volunteers and children in the community.
- Deliver consistent, effective and excellent customer service in a respectful manner.
- Conduct background and reference checks for volunteers.
- Enter all pertinent data into database, ensuring accuracy and timeline of information.
- Process volunteer and child applicants from inquiry through interview and matching.
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Schedule and conduct volunteer orientation and training.
- Facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer’s and child’s schedules.
- Provide professional and timely match support through telephone and in person contact.
- Ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive
youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible.
- Maintain written and statistical documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Support each match participant to ensure positive youth development experience for youth and successful and satisfying experience for volunteer.
- Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction. Utilize Strength of Relationship (SoR) tool and Annual Evaluation (POE) to assess match impact on child.
- Provide timely and comprehensive written summaries of all contacts.
- Represent BBBS in a professional manner in the community and office.
- Implement and supervise all activities for matches, including school based program supervision if assigned to school based rpogramming.
- Conduct exit interviews with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, donors, and in other volunteer capacities.
- Work days, evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Assume other program responsibilities as needed
- Provide assistance with special events and fundraising activities
- Other duties as asked
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Associates with at least four years of related experience
- Must pass background check.
- Competency and skills using MS Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in program management.
- Willingness and ability to work with and communicate effectively with children, their parents, and adult volunteers.
- Experience associating with or the willingness to associate with diverse communities and organizations that support BBBS stakeholders and to develop and maintain relationships with those communities and organizations.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License and proper vehicle insurance.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with School District, managers, co-workers, and the public.
- Must be able to prepare reports, and present facts and information.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable making presentations and public speaking.
- Work requires use of computers and the need to work in front of a computer terminal forextended periods of time.
- Work may require participation in indoor/outdoor activities.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Adhere to all personnel guidelines of the agency.
- Maintain a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities with attention to detail and in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency guidelines and conforming to the scheduling requirements of the job and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the clients; act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of Agency business.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills though engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Actively strive to create and maintain a culturally sensitive and appropriate environment through communication and interaction that demonstrates respect for diversity.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS SW Colorado strives to make all personnel decisions without regard to race, creed, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. All employees are expected to actively support these principles and objectives in our work environment and with others with whom we come into contact.